One podcast that I have embedded below would be a great idea to help engage children into interesting stories in lower primary levels. By the use of this podcast the enthusiasm of the readers voice would help to engage the student in the reading experience. It also allows for each child in the classroom to have different podcasts read to them at the same time and this would cater for children's different interests in books.
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-little-engine-that-could/id207671602?i=13740166&mt=2
This next podcast I found would suit my pedagogy in that it has a visual aspect whilst the students demonstrates his findings in mathematics fractions. These podcasts could be used as a great way for my learners to find relevance to the maths they are learning as most of the podcast are real life problem based questions. They also have children the same age as my learners answering the questions which makes the learning more student centred.
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/math-4.1.2.1-representing/id513361084?i=136009208&mt=2
Creating my own podcasts and allowing my learners to create podcasts for each other is a great tool to allow student centred learning. It is a great resource that can be used in a huge array of learning areas and it allows our students to act as they teacher, which we know from past research helps with their own understanding of the information. Student created podcasts would definitely be used to help learning within my classroom!!
Here is a podcast I created with audioboo
listen to ‘My first boo hoo!!’ on Audioboo
Podcasts can either be student create; working independently or in a small, collaborative groups; or a finished project which students can engage with, reinforcing learning whether at school or at home. I feel podcasting can be tailored to any learning area. Some of the learning areas that are most often associated with it are: ICT, citizenship, languages speaking and listening objectives ands communication. I would use podcasting in my classroom as a tool for reluctant writers or those with reading difficulties as it allows activities to be tailored to individual children's requirements.
There are a number of sites that have 'podsafe' music which can be used without infringing copyright. These are two examples put here are many more available www.podshow.com and www.soundrangers.com. AS with other technology it is important to protect the identity of our students who use podcasts. I would inform my students to only reveal one piece of personal information about themselves in a podcast to help protect heir identity. After much searching of the web I finally found a great website that showed me 50 great ways of using podcasts in the classroom check it out here.
Podcasts can either be student create; working independently or in a small, collaborative groups; or a finished project which students can engage with, reinforcing learning whether at school or at home. I feel podcasting can be tailored to any learning area. Some of the learning areas that are most often associated with it are: ICT, citizenship, languages speaking and listening objectives ands communication. I would use podcasting in my classroom as a tool for reluctant writers or those with reading difficulties as it allows activities to be tailored to individual children's requirements.
There are a number of sites that have 'podsafe' music which can be used without infringing copyright. These are two examples put here are many more available www.podshow.com and www.soundrangers.com. AS with other technology it is important to protect the identity of our students who use podcasts. I would inform my students to only reveal one piece of personal information about themselves in a podcast to help protect heir identity. After much searching of the web I finally found a great website that showed me 50 great ways of using podcasts in the classroom check it out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment