Thursday, 28 March 2013

Learning with PowerPoint

So I didn't think this week would be too difficult, all we had to do was learn and explore with PowerPoint. Finally a tool that I was familiar with, as I had made many PowerPoint slide in my high school and undergrad uni days. Whilst it was still very user friendly and set up the same as my ancient PowerPoint, I was happily surprised to see many great templates and features added to PowerPoint. Unfortunately for me that meant relearning what I thought I knew and more time and effort was put into making a PowerPoint on fractions for my grade 5 class. I'm sure they will appreciate the colours, images sounds and motion I have embedded into what could have been a pretty boring fractions lesson.

Check out my fractions PowerPoint on my wiki.

On my search to to make the best PowerPoint possible i come across some great sites for future PowerPoint presentations. heck them out here.

Our second Engagement Activity was scaffolding our learning by introducing interactive ways of using PowerPoint. I really enjoyed the use of the organisation chart to help our ideas on the topic flow which in turn would help the flow of our PowerPoint slides. Check out my chart in wiki which I have created in preparation for my slide show on Geometry.

Then I converted my outline from my word document into a Powerpoint. This I just loved as it was a much quicker way of inserting the text into my Slides. Check it out here in its basic form.






No comments:

Post a Comment