TPACK stands for Technological Pedagogical and Content Knowledge, in order to understand this framework it is best broken down into meaning of each word in the acronym.
1. Technological refers to the Technology (ICT) that are available for classroom use. The technology is designed and used for specific use.
2. Pedagogical refers to art of being a teacher, so it is how we deliver our knowledge to our learners.
3. Content Knowledge refers to what we know about the particular topic.
In order to have a successful TPACK we must use all three of the above to successfully deliver a meaningful lesson to our learners. If one of the above elements is left out learners will suffer and possibly not grasp the content of the topic.
TPACK is framework for successful e-learning. Firstly the content needs to be chosen, and then decisions about appropriate technologies that can transform learning are selected. Finally pedagogies that support the best possible learning are established.
The video below is a great example of using all 3 elements to teach a topic and shows a great visual diagram of the concept.
Video Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0wGpSaTzW58
Hi Amy, Your blog is great! I watched your u-tube video and have found the 3 circle diagram very helpful in understanding TPACK as a starting point. When I do further readings and get confused I like to come back to that diagram to put it all in perspective again. One key word that I keep coming across in learning about TPACK is "integration". Integration of technology in the framework helps to remind me that technology is certainly a part of the teaching framework and not simply another supportive teaching tool.
ReplyDeleteHi again, I have posted my reflection on TPACK in my blog and thought you may like to have a look at it. I have linked back to your blog within my discussion as well. I am not really sure about referencing. I have had a look in the apa guidelines we have but not sure if we need to do a reference list and how to do it. I referred to the Mishra and Koehler reading in our materials. I have sent Wendy an email to ask for help but if you have any ideas please let me know.Now to tackle that wiki!
ReplyDeleteHey Jackie, glad you enjoyed my summary of TPACK. Wendy is correct in telling us that it is a really nice feeling when others incorperate your work in theirs, feels like I must be writing about the right stuff!! So thankyou!!
ReplyDelete